Sometimes on hot summer days, when you don’t want to be bother with intensive cooking, pasta salad is a great simple dish to go with for lunch or dinner. It would be great for a picnic or summer potluck too. It’s so simple, you can go with whatever you want in it.
- A lb of pasta (i used tricolor fusilli)
- A cup of chopped vine tomatoes
- Handful of chopped sundried tomatoes
- Smattering of feta cheese
- A cup of baby spinach
- A cup of corn (I used canned though fresh would be preferred)
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- tablespoon of lemon juice
- Bring a pot of water (slighty salted) to a boil and cooked pasta for about 10 minutes or until al dente
- Take out pasta and drain of water
- Add in the tomatoes, vine and sundried, feta cheese, spinach, corn to pasta
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice for a simple dressing
- Dress the pasta salad and mix well
Simple right? Go with any combo of ingredients you want. It’s also a great way to use up veggies you have in the fridge.
Do you guys have any go to summer salads? Please let me know in the comments.