My friend L is going to a sleepover Friday night and she asked me to give her some suggestions on healthy snacks she can have. I don’t really think I have much of what you would call healthy snacking most of the time. But I did come up with list of some items that I think are somewhat health conscious and still yummy for your tummy. 😀
- most sleepovers include a viewing of a movie or two so you gotta have some popcorn or chips. Boom Chicka Pop is a pretty good choice. It is low in calories and sodium. They have a variety of flavors: white cheddar, salted caramel, salt & vinegar, etc. My favorite is just the classic sea salt.
- You can also munch on chex mix or granola mix with dried fruits like craisins. I like Nature Valley and Kashi.
- If you’re not in the mood for popcorn or granola, you can go the chips and dip route. In order to be healthier, you can bake your own chips and dip it in homemade guacamole. (easy recipes for both: Homemade Potato Chips & Easy Guacamole i would leave out the cilantro!)
- If you’re feeling especially wholesome, you can do veggies and dip. If you want to keep it on the lighter side, skip any sour-cream or cheese based dip. Instead, you can go for an Avocado/Yogurt dip, hummus, or even just a simple peanut or almond butter.
- If you want to indulge in something more sweet, these cookie dough balls are a pretty simple way to go. Even without grains, eggs, refined sugar, or diary, this recipe doesn’t cut out the flavor at all for the chocolate-lovers out there
What are some of your favorite snacks for a sleepover? Please let me know in the comments. Til next time, Wendy